Holden Commodore, Aerodynamics. AND NOW: WATER INJECTION...

Robert Humphris r.humphris at indigo-avs.com
Thu Apr 30 13:07:57 GMT 1998

>	I hope you didn't bite while you were writing this... Your tongue was
	obviously firmly planted in your cheek.
Well yes, and no...

5mm sheet of Polypropalyne is cheap and will flatten off the underside
of the car nicely.
Lowering a car to 1/8 inch off the ground is what I have been told is
the point at which formula1 ground effect was used in the 70's.
Deseaming has been widely regarded as a good way of cleaning a cars
aerodynamic profile. Some people cut off an entire seam and wonder why
their car 'pops' open ( don't laugh this was a common mistake with Mini
owners ) you should grind, weld, grind and weld along the seam/gutter no
more than 4 inches at a time.... best that you do not start at one end
and move along, cut 4 inches,weld, leave a gap of 4 inches then cut
futher up  ____----____----____----____----    then do the bits that you
leave.
On the works Triumph TR8 they deseamed and welded a roll cage in at the
same time ( actually splitting the skin of the internal mounts and
pillars welding the cage in then welding through the cat seam on the
outside... that car was stiff and safe.

>	Thanks for the ideas anyway (however sarcastic some of
	them may be :)

Sarcastic??? oh you mean the skip!  That may have been ( you knew this
because the skip idea would  damage the radiator )...  But surely you
will allow a man to joke?  No oh well then.
But you cannot seriously mention Duct tape and not expect a shot across
the bows, can you?

Rob Humphris