Diacom Cable

Drew Skinner drews at texas.net
Mon Aug 3 05:58:34 GMT 1998

At 11:01 AM 7/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I wired up that exact diagram and found it to not work.  The laptop
>detects the interface, but that's as far as i ever got with that
>design.  I am trying to communicate with my 7730 ecm.  I fooled with
>it a bit last night and gave up.

Hmmm, I wired up the schematic on Sean's website and I'm having the same
problems. Mainly, it lists pinouts on the ALDL that aren't on my 165 ALDL.
I just haven't had enough time to research the proper substitutes for my
application. It almost works, diacom recognizes it and the SES light
flashes quickly(open loop) but doesn't quite link up. I really hate to
waste all that time I spent soldering. :-/