Diacom plus on Pentium laptops

Scott Knight sknight at mich.com
Mon Aug 3 22:10:08 GMT 1998

Hey Tom,

> I so far found that I can communicate with earlier ECM's.  However I still
> cannot talk to a 94 GM truck PCM, or my 95 OBD1 PCM in my Corvette.  I can
> talk to both PCM's while using a 486 slower computer.  Rinda tells me it's the
> clock speed of the CPU's conflicting with the communication rate of the
> ECM/PCM's.

You want wierd, I have a P5-133 Micron notebook and have tried about
everything except for the /f and cannot get it to link up to a 92 Park
Avenue, while it repeatedly links to my 95 Impala SS and 96 K3500
without problem.  96 Impala (OBDII) seems to be a problem, but my buddy
with a 486 notebook links to that car just fine.  Seems my problem is
exactly opposite of yours...I just figured it was time to sell the Park
Avenue <g>.

Later dates.
Scott Knight  mailto:sknight at mich.com
http://www.mich.com/~sknight IRC:SS396man ICQ:8353618
'95 Black Impala SS
'96 Black K3500 Extended Cab Duallie 7.4L Vortec
'94 Ducati 900SS CR