two ignition ideas

Lawrence King lawrence at promobility.net
Thu Aug 6 01:56:03 GMT 1998

Hi:

Err, Ummm.... Ahhh. The few UV lasers I have worked with don't have
enough power output to ionize any significant amount of gas in the
available time, but you can always get a bigger laser. So if you
ignore that little problem, then you get to the next problem, these
lasers are really fragile, just bump the bench they are on and they
stop lasing, probably not good for a car, but you could build a more
rugged laser. So if you ignore that  little problem the next thing you
find out is a UV Laser costs about the same as a new Honda Civic. I
suspect that is why nobody has tried your idea.

	-Lawrence-

Chris Conlon wrote:

> Hi eveyrone,
<snip>

--
Lawrence King   lawrence at promobility.net    Ottawa Ontario Canada
70 Buick Wildcat,        71 Lotus Elan,          92 Nissan NX2000