Motorola Phone Number

Donald Whisnant dewhisna at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 9 15:22:16 GMT 1998

>From: "Zack" <zubenubi at inetport.com>
>Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 13:53:04 -0600
>Subject: Re: Motorola Phone Number
>
>Sorry for the digression, but does anybody else find Motorola's web
>site INCREDIBLY annoying and useless??  The vast majority of their
>spec sheets do not appear to be in any downloadable form whatsoever,
>and can only be obtained via their "fax on demand" system or as paper
>literature.  I really amazes me that they would rather spend money
>supporting the latter two rather than put all their stuff in the form
>of PDF's so people could obtain them via download at a cost to them
>of...  I would think, pennies on the dollar.
>	I guess I just wish everyone had a web site as useful and
>rationally organized as National Semiconductor's!

Yes it is incredibly annoying and almost impossible to find anything...
There are actually a lot more PDF files on there than it leads you to
believe there are...  In fact the entire M68HC11 Reference Manual
(M68HC11RM/AD) aka "pink book" is on there as a PDF...  And so
are the series specific books like the "e-series", "n-series", etc of
the HC11...  ...  Don't ask me what the URL is, the last several
times I've been back on there looking for HC11 info I couldn't find
it again...  But keep looking, because they are on there...  You
almost have to click on every html link on the site to find anything...

Good luck...
Donald Whisnant
dewhisna at ix.netcom.com