Subaru Dizzy ..?????

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sun Aug 9 17:00:55 GMT 1998

>Hi all
>
>Has anyone had any experence with Subaru AE92 Turbo Dizzy's
>
>Ive wired up the whole system (using an autronics system)
>
>ok problem is:
>
>with the dizzy in and cranking over I get the 4x trigger and no 1x (TDC)
>trigger.....now the funny thing is that it i pull the dizzy out and spin
>it around by hand it all works fine.....even with a earth strap hooked
>up in the same location ......now explain that?????
>

>any thoughts???
>
>Juz!
I don't know poop about your particular engine--but it seems to me that
perhaps if your 4x trigger signal is coming from a sensor located elsewhere
than in the dizzy (flywheel?), and that mebbe the dizzy ain't being turned
when its installed in the motor? Have you checked this out? Might be time
to put away the crimpers and VOM and break out the spanners! If that isn't