I'm looking at diagnosing problems with a L-Jetronic system

Jake Lindeke jlindeke at bsfh.org
Sun Aug 9 17:35:18 GMT 1998

These questions would be better sent to the toyota supra mailing list
www.supras.com

> I haven't found any specs on the sensor to test it. This is a Toyota
> Supra. How would you test it with an ohm meter at hot and cold temp?
>
> Walter Petermann wrote:
> >
> > Hi Victor,
> > does the system have a working O2 sensor?
> >
> >  Walter
> >
> > Victor Tomanov wrote:
> > >
> > > The ECU that controls my system doesn't have a diagnostic capacity.
> > > I'm at a loss at how to figure out if the ECU is running the motor
> > > correctly and if the mixture is realy what it should be. It seems
> > > rich. I'm looking for a way to modify the lean rich mixture variable
> > > either by taping into one of the sensors or adding a pot to the ECU.
> > > Does anyone have a working knowledge of this injecting system? Thanks
> > > for any help.

there is a vf1 signal on the diag port. if hook a multi meter to it. i cant rember
what each voltage means but i think the range is 1v - 5v one meaning really
lean, 2 kinda lean, 3 perfect, 4 kinda rich, 5 really rich.  this works for all toyota
cars and trucks.

--Jake Lindeke
--SOGI South-East Chapter Coordinator
--http://sesogi.bsfh.org