Ignition Problem (sorta related)

Gorden_Jennings at 3com.com Gorden_Jennings at 3com.com
Mon Aug 10 21:43:21 GMT 1998

Back in my Enduro days this was a "known" trick among us riders to get a 2
Stroke Motor to fire after fouling a plug. Funny back then I always
wondered what phenomenon was causing it. My WAG ( Wild Ass Guess )  is the
voltage going across the plug gap will be higher because the coil now will
have to store a higher voltage to over come the two gaps in series. The
higher voltage punches through the gasoline and air making the carbon
resistor on the insulator ( due to carbon fouling ) a higher resistance
than the ionised fuel mixture. To the list, am I even close ???

Regards
Gorden