Ignition Problem (sorta related)

TWong29770 at aol.com TWong29770 at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 22:05:17 GMT 1998

Funny Gorden,

That old trick still works in todays modern two stroke motocrossers.  We ride
KTM big bores here in NM and sometimes because of altitudes we ride in the
plug may sometimes foul.  I just reach up and remove the plug wire and set it
on the plug and kick it few times, sometimes it fires sometimes I have to
replace the plug.

The coil only applies as much voltage as is required to jump the gap, and yes
it will require a little more to jump two gaps.  The average coil in the end
will only have so much on hand to meter out to jump the gaps, but within
reason it will have ample voltage and current to jump a couple .060 gaps with
relative ease.

Tom Wong