(Off topic?) Help

justin w ivan und stnt jwi0939 at megahertz.njit.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:47:39 GMT 1998

I was wondering if the collective knowledge of the list could help me get
my car running better. This is not directly list related so please respond
directly to me if it is going to upset anyone.
   The car in question is a 92 VW. It has had the supercharged (from the
factory) 1.8L motor, controlled by Bosh Digifant FI from the Corrado
transplanted.
   From the factory the motor uses a 9 psi supercharge to get 158Hp from
the motor. This motor was swapped in from another car and I am questioning
if everything was done correctly.
  Here are the symptoms of what I think is wrong.

		I had the car off the road for 6 months and just put it
back on a week ago. The problems with the car are that through the first
three gears the car pulls as I remember it. It runs strong rpm's rise
good. In fourth and fith the car is a dog. Onthe highway at full throttle
in fifth the car just sits there. It used to pass quite aggresively and
even a down shift to fouth doesn't really cure much. The motor is very
sluggish to respond and the rpm's rise very slowly. It almost feels like
the pedal isn't going to the floor . Part throttle response in fourth and
fifth seems resonable.

	Any ideas on what it could be? Here is what I have done to the
car, I replacced the thermostat and flushed the radiatior, it has a new
cap and plugs (~ 2500 miles on them) the wires are an 8mm set. I know part
of the performance problem is related to the fact that it has an open
element air filter that is in the engine bay, and the intercooler is not
only in the engine bay but the piping to it is very soft flexible rubber
that expands greatly under boost and may be leaking.
     The car just passed NJ state inspection emmissions w/o a problem even
though the cat is hollowed.
 What could it be, one possiblity that I had is the O2 sensor but that
shouldt effect WOT right? I was also thinking that the ECU was limiting
performance becuase the intake air is too hot.
  Any question and or answers please email me at
jwi09339 at megahertz.njit.edu

Thanks guys
Justin Ivan