Supercharger info

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Tue Aug 11 15:47:32 GMT 1998

> >This is going on a Fiat 850 sport (903cc engine), since I have no idea how
> >many
> >hp this combination will produce, how do you work the fuel calculations ?  The
> >ones I've seen all require a knowledge of desired hp (well, I know what I
> >desire but I can safely say that it will be unachievable).  So where do you
> >begin when superchargers get involved ?
> >
> Me too. I'v got an IH Cub tractor (60 CID flathead 4 banger) which has been
> crying for a supercharger so that it can even be able to move itself and
> turn a belly-mower at 7250 feet MSL. I've been looking for a blower for it
> for a while from an economical source (read cheap). More info on this Ota
> unit would be welcome.

this unit should be about the right size to produce your 30 lbs of boost
on your ~1l engine

there are positive diplacement and VE does not vary widely with speed
once the unit is in it's range
until you over speed and make heat, or drop speed and leak pressure
you will have to pseed it up to about 1.5-1.7x crank top get the PR you want

Clive