Contactless distributor trigger?

Rene Van Den Bedem rene.van_den_bedem at fujitsu.com.au
Wed Aug 12 20:45:02 GMT 1998

Either Hall Effect sensor (Bosch have a range for most makes & models) or
Optical Ignition module (Pirahna make these).  Hall effect is better than
Optical, since Optical module can get dirt in the lens.

The high energy driver would be the Jaycar Transistor assisted ignition kit
(ie distributor still has mechanical advance), basically the Darlington
transistor switches coil current.  The Jaycar PEI module requires it,
however you must weld the mechanical advance of the distributor to full
advance.

The PEI unit can be driven with a square wave, it is basically high/low.

I run this on my 1973 Mazda, dual fuel.  My experience is at
http:\\www.deakin.edu.au\~reneb\index.html

Rene.