fuel rail problems

Luquette at aol.com Luquette at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 01:03:29 GMT 1998

My problem with the Bosch system fuel rail (1985 BMW 745i, factory turbo) is
not the fpr, as itscrews against the fuel rail to help hold it in place.  My
problem stems from the orings that seal the injectors up in the fuel rail.
When I run high fuel pressures (2.2 bar) the o-rings leak slightly.  Not
enough to cause fire hazard, but enough to take into consideration when
tweaking the fuel system to run extra pressure.  The o-rings have all been
replaced, and still leak when running hard and pushing the fuel system to its
upper limits.

Christopher //M Luquette
1985 BMW 745i