ECM Questions

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 13 03:29:51 GMT 1998

I have got the pinout of the computer out of a 91-95 Jeep Wrangler and I
thought that I might get some of the more educated than I to take a
looksie and tell me what they interpret out of it...

1. Map Signal
2. Coolant Temp Signal
3. Battery 12V Fused
4. Sensor Ground
5. Ground
6. 5 Volt Supply   -----  5 volts out to sensor?  I assume
7. 8 Volt Supply   -----  any ideas for what? Sensors??
8. not used
9. Ignition Switched 12V Fused
10. not used
11. Ground
12. Ground
13. Injector #4 Driver
14. Injector #3 Driver
15. Injector #2 Driver
16. Injector #1 Driver
17. not used
18.  not used
19. Ignition Coil #1 Driver   ----- can anybody explain how this works
20. Generator Field Driver  ----- I assume to excite the alternator?
21. IAT Sensor Signal
22. TPS Signal
23. not used
24. Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal
25. SCI Transmit  --- another, what the heck is this
26. not used
27. A/C Switch Sense   ---- Ok
28. A/C Switch Sense   ---- does it need 2?
29.  Stop Lamp Switch Sense
30. Park/Neutral Position Sense
31. not used
32. SES Light
33. not used
34. A/C Relay Control  ----- apparently the computer reads the switch
and controls the relay???
35. not used
36. not used
37.  not used
38. Injector #5 Driver
39. IAC Motor #1 Driver   ---  why 4 IAC drivers????
40. IAC Motor #3 Driver
41. O2 Sensor Signal
42. not used
43. Tach Signal
44. Cam Position Sensor Signal
45. SCI Receive   ----- Anybody have any idea what SCI is
46. not used
47.  VSS
48. not used
49.  not used
50. not used
51. Automatic Shut Down Relay Control   ------ again no idea what this
is
52. not used
53. not used
54. Upshift lamp driver
55. not used
56. not used
57. Automatic Shut Down Relay Output   ---- another one here
58. Injector #6 Driver
59. IAC Motor #4 Driver
60. IAC Motor #2 Driver

The idea here is to replace or piggyback the stock, never has been
reverse engineered enough to do anything with computer with a GM unit
which has a wealth of info on it available.  Making it feasible to do
engine mods and be able to reprogram the computer.  As of now I know of
only one or two companies that make a so called performance "chip" for
this vehicle.  And even this isn't a true "chip" in the sense it is a
module that plugs inline between the harness and computer...Even with
this chip any upgrades other than exhaust and before the throttle body
intake stuff oh yeas and the 20 degrees cooler thermostat will still set
a code...Any ideas?  later,  Jason