Bench ecms

steve ravet steve at imes.com
Thu Aug 13 16:37:05 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Well after 2 days of starring at it, figured out why the TCC was on
> with the one ecm.   It's the scanner, geez.  One stops at MY 87,
> so, I was using one on the 90, and the other on the 87.  Tried the
> later one on the earlier ecm, and same TCC problem.  Ain't it
> grand.
>
> BTW, the scanner with the TCC "problem" is the MPSI.
>
> I'm gonna reread the manual (that's scary), and make sure I didn't
> miss something, but just a heads up for others playing along here.
>
> Cheers
> Bruce      The staff is really on edge with all these blinking lights,
>                 they keep looking for snow.........

Hey!  I noticed a similar thing on my MPSI.  TCC is on while I'm sitting
in the driveway.  Didn't think too much about it, figured it was a side
effect of putting the Caprice engine in the S-10.  Does the TCC lockup
info come from the data stream or from the TCC pin in the ALDL?  My ecm
is 16136965.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet