Trouble Codes/Limp Home Mode

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Aug 14 18:18:21 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: steve ravet <steve at imes.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Friday, August 14, 1998 12:18 PM
Subject: Re: Trouble Codes/Limp Home Mode

>How can you tell if you're in limp home mode?  I'm having a code 43
>(ESC)/knock problem with my V8 S-10.  When the SES light comes on, it
>loses power and starts running a lot hotter.  Turning the engine off and
>back on resets the light and gets it running good again.  Is that limp
>home mode?  I call it PITA mode.

Hmm, ya didn't read my tune-up tips??..  Go to a junk yard, and get a
couple different esc's the little 3"squares about 3/4" thick with the
knock filtering one em (usually $5 each).  One by one try them till
you get rid of the code 43, and no audible knock.  Or do away with the
malfunction flag for the code 43.

Some of the 747's were known for false 43's, and I could imagine the
same for the 6965's.

(Hint, Hint try the esc's off a buick v-6)..........
Cheers
Bruce      Ya got a bin?.