Bench Scanning ecms

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Aug 15 15:20:25 GMT 1998

Maybe someone can explain this to me.  I have two scanners,
one an OTC vintage 87, and a MPSI.
    Both work just fine on the 747, other than the TCC with the MPSI.
On the 730 ecm the MPSI does fine with one TPI chip, but nothing
else I burn, will read.  I've tried various years, and engines but nothing.
    Then with the 165 it does the same thing (the MPSI).
Is there more to the ALDL than just being the right baud rate?.
Shouldn't a 730 v-8 map, be just a 730 v-8 map, as far as the ALDL
Cheers
Bruce