Benching ecms - shift light and cyl # select

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sat Aug 15 23:26:40 GMT 1998

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Well if your playing with a 747 onna bench,  if you can apply a vss
> of at least 90 mph all the auto tranny .bins, I've found have the TCC
> apply at this speed.
>     The manual tranny bins turn on a shift light that runs off of the
> A7
> pin which is used for TCC solenoid for the autos.  It works mainly
> off the TPS.

Output from A7 is it +12V, or does it ground when on?I want to run a 12V
bulb off of it? Hooking up my shift light might be annoying but it makes
my EFI conversion look more complete....

>     Also, the cylinder number select is in the prom on the 747's.
>   I've tried several netres, and they don't affect the rpm displayed
> whereas proms do affect it.

Anyone know the address, if its not in the code, where one might find
the cyl # select? and what the values would be for 8 cyl, 6 cyl, ???4
cyl???   thanks for the info... JTW

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI