86 505 Turbo trying hard to start

Francois Dion francois at hyperreal.org
Tue Aug 18 18:27:20 GMT 1998

I'm CCing to the DIY fuel injection list in
regard to adapters.

I have a 1986 Peugeot 505 Turbo. I just did
a rebuild of the turbo, changed all gaskets,
spark plugs, cables, distributor cap/rotor,
fuel filter, put 93 octane fuel in the bone dry
tank and put a K&N air filter. Changed all the
vacuum lines. The car has started twice up to
now. Runs a bit rough and smoke, but doesn't
stop by itself. Compression is good, there is
spark, there is fuel. Both fuel pumps work.
So maybe I have a problem with an injector,
fuel regulator or something like that.

I'm now at the point where I'm about to test
fuel pressure (what else could it be?). Thing
is, I have a pressure gauge that can fit Chrysler
products, and GM multipoint (and a custom
adapter for my Lancia). I was planning on
connecting the gauge to the cold start injector
feed on the fuel rail, but the threads are different.

What is the Peugeot (LU-Jetronic) thread, and
what is the GM or Chrysler thread for their
fuel pressure test points? Does autozone, Pep boys
or other similar place have an adapter that would do
the job for me? Else, what about banjo adapters?
(the cold start injector has one)

Ciao,
Francois Dion (francois at hyperreal.org)
--