Cat Convertor

Walter Petermann corsaro at brokersys.com
Tue Aug 18 23:12:29 GMT 1998

Kevin,
I used to work for a gray market conversion company. The rule
of thumb was to set up the car for a max of ~150-180ppm at idle.
This would drop to below 10 after installing the cat.
Of course cat size needs to be matched to engine size but I don't
remember the details on that.
Note that 180ppm is a starting point before installing the cat. Your
1300ppm is way off, ie no cat will get rid of that much. You might
get away with having 250-300ppm before the cat and pass the emissions,
but you would also need an air pump and the cat probably wouldn't
last very long.
Will you be using an O2 sensor or will the system be open loop?

  Walter

Will you be using an O2 sensor and air pump?