cat...

Shannen Durphey Shannen at mcn.net
Wed Aug 19 03:14:58 GMT 1998

Couple of things.  It takes a bunch of driving with a red
cat to burn it up.  If it glows some and you catch it, you
can save it.  Also, I'm talking about a bunch of HC, like
two cylinders out of 6 misfiring.  And, combined with that,
it usually requires higher rpm than idle.  We don't have
emissions tests here, so I don't see any numbers to
correspond to this, but if the exhaust burns your nose and
eyes, it's rich enough to cause problems.  Sorry, wish I had
some concrete numbers for you.

Shannen