Portable A/F (CO) Meter

Phil Payne efi at isham-research.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 16:03:20 GMT 1998

Any good tips for a portable CO meter for a non-cat car?

Gunson in the UK make a cheap one, but the output is best used for
picking lottery numbers.  Others that I've seen are hideously $$$$.

I'm investigating fueling problems in an ur-quattro (MB engine) at
high revs.  One of the options is to fit a downpipe with an OXS sensor
boss - but I usually run on leaded fuel and this has a habit of
destroying said sensors.  One 'expert' I spoke to said that some
Volvos were at one time fitted with lead-tolerant OXS sensors.  Any
truth.  Or any part numbers??

--
Phil Payne