Heatsink grease

Shahab Raza Raja raja at super.net.pk
Wed Aug 19 16:31:52 GMT 1998

Chris Conlon wrote:

> Apologies for the vaguely-efi content,
>
> There are several greases designed to increase heat flow between (say)
> a transistor and a heatsink; are there compounds to increase heat flow
> between a heat sink and air? I know you can paint it black, but I'm
> talking about convective heat flow, not radiative.
>
>    TIA,
Dear  Chris C.
  There is no such compound, as per my knoledge, there are only two more
ways to increase heat transfer.(1) increase the radiation area by
extension in the sink (2) use fan to increase the air flow. there are no
of small fans avialable such as fans for cooling CPU of desk top
conputers and fans for power supply of computer.

regards

Shahab R. Raja