Piggy Back Injectors

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Thu Aug 20 03:39:54 GMT 1998

???????
Has anyone analyzed a ZR1 Corvette??? It has (at least) 16 injectors and
I think it is sequential. I am new to this thread so please forgive me.

I think there is a serious problem timing the injector pulse. I think
that we need very larger injectors and ultra high pressure to push all
of the fuel into the air stream while the intake valve is open @ 6000
rpm. Otherwise, the mixture will not be evenly distributed in the
cylinder and combustion will not be optimum. TBI would work better at
WOT.  Brain Fart----Maybe a combination ??????????  How about with a
turbo?????    EFI works really well @ 25 MPG.

How about a small tank in the engine compartment filled from the rear
tank that supplies the high pressure pump and collects the return fuel.
(not a new idea). How about heating the fuel to 190 degrees or so with
engine water. Wouldn't the fuel be easier to atomize if it was
hot???????? Better mileage, etc.???

Again, appologies for my late arrival.
EFI Cobra Tom