Bosch LEAD PROOF O2 sensor

Phil Payne efi at isham-research.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 09:22:02 GMT 1998

In message <l03130307b2018f1a0b0b@[146.221.36.211]> Steve Lamb writes:

>> Does anybody know part number for any Bosch LEAD PROOF O2 sensor?

> I think your referring to the Bosch LSM11 sensor, but I don't have the
> actual part number here in front of me.  Someone else undoubtedly will, but
> I will post tomorrow in the event that doesn't happen.
>
> BTW, its certainly not lead PROOF, merely more tolerant, but will
> eventually clog.

Can it be unclogged, perhaps by a period of lead-free use or heating in
a gas flame?

My only reason for using leaded fuel is to get the octane.

(CAUTION: European octane ratings follow. Absolute values differ from US)

Pump fuel here is 98 octane (super unleaded), 97 octane (leaded) and
95 octane (unleaded).  The car will run on the latter, but uses a
different map.  It theoretically needs 98 octane, but super unleaded
is stupidly expensive.  So I used leaded, even though the car doesn't
need the lead.

--
Phil Payne