MOTRONIC -> O2 SENSOR

Mike Macpherson mike760 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 22:42:51 GMT 1998

I have been inside my ECU and comparing it to the Volvo wiring
diagrams i found 11 unused pins, but
only five of them were not wired up to anything inside the ECU, so
that left 6 pins wired in but with nowhere to go. I boought a Haynes
EFI manual (ok its not the most advanced book but good for
startingout) and found pin outs for the unit, which is also used on a
few BMWs and one or two othor cars, i matched the wiring to the Volvo
diagrams and all of them matched up exactly, also given was the
function of the
othor 6 pins, one of them was OS signal, i have an oxygen sensor which
i was going to hook up to an A/F meter, is it possible that the unit
will accept signals from an O2 sensor? also one of the othor pins was
OS relay driver, ive never seen a relay assosiated with an O2 sensor,
what is the function of this? i thought it may be for the preheater?

thanks
mike