Votech pumps

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.nospam
Fri Aug 21 02:51:01 GMT 1998

James Weiler wrote:

> I'm looking for an AN fitting for the outlet side of my Vortech T-rex
> fuel pump.  It has a banjo hose barb style right now but I don't like the
> hose barb idea thus the desire to replace this fitting with an AN type

I used 3/8 steel double flared tubing from the auto supply, AN fittings and
AirQuip(?) 300 psi hose (blue) and their push on connectors. I joined the
tubing in the center with a compression union. The sequence is pump, hose
barb, hose w/ clamp, AQ push on (no clamp), AN union, steel tubing,
compression union, steel tubing, AN union, AQ push on, 6" hose, AQ push on,
AN male to fuel rail. I found a compression fitting to connect the regulator
to more steel tube, then repeeted the process to the tank. Never a leak or a
problem. I covered the hose with SS braid to make it pretty. B sure to add
the filter and a pump pre-filter. AN and AQ fittings are available from
Speedway, Summit, and Jegs.

good luck.