Turbo Bypass

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Aug 23 04:23:36 GMT 1998

-> If the intercooler doesnt create a pressure drop or act as a flow
-> restriction why would you experience a boost drop through the
-> intercooler?

 A fair amount of the back pressure (boost pressure) seen in the intake
system is due to heat.  Cooling the air reduces the pressure, but the
*mass* remains the same, plus it helps reduce chance of detonation.

 If you look at it from a theoretical standpoint, you don't want any
boost pressure, because any pressure you see represents an efficiency
loss somewhere in the intake system.  You're only concerned about the
mass of air you can move, and the lower the pressure you can move the
same mass, the less power you're losing.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?