GM ECM injector driver capacity

Jennifer and Brock Fraser fraser at forbin.com
Mon Aug 24 04:06:45 GMT 1998

Does anyone know what the injector driver capacity is on GM ECM's?  To be
specific, I'm curious about the 165 ECM.  I see that on a multi-port V8
application, all 8 injectors are batch-fired by 2 outputs.  Is it possible
to attach 8 more injectors to these two outputs (series, parallel??) to fire
16 injectors simultaneously?  Info pertaining to the 730 ECM would be good
as well...  The injectors would be high impedance (12-14 ohm) ones just like
the stockers.

If this isn't feasible, what would it take to make the GM driver(s) also
trigger another external driver for the extra injectors?  Again, the desire
is to fire the second batch of 8 at the same frequency and P.W. as the stock
batch of 8.

Thanks,
Brock