GM ECM injector driver capacity

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Aug 24 17:41:28 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Kelly <kenkelly at lucent.com>
Subject: Re: GM ECM injector driver capacity

>Bruce & Brock,
> Be careful with testing using resistors to simulate the
>Injectors. I assume you mean you are going to use a bunch of
>12 ohm resistors to simulate the Injectors. The injector is
>really an Inductor. You may be able to run the ECM all day
>with the resistors, and still blow it up the first time you
>stick the inductive load on it.

OK, then sent me what you'd consider to be the right inductive
load, and I'll test that.

Upon reflection,  the 165 was used to fire a single TBI so it,
can do a "I think 2 ohm load".  Also, PPF wrote in the last
couple mounths about grounding a terminal to current limit
the 730, and In the 165 TBI application they tied two wires
differently for the TBI.
Cheers
Bruce