Bosch LEAD PROOF O2 sensor

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Tue Aug 25 00:46:01 GMT 1998

>>These are the octane figures quoted to me by Shell technicians, but I've
>>also heard other variations.
>
>Hey Steve as a fellow Aussie, I know first hand you should re-name that
>half-leaded to
>BOPIYT fuel!!!. (Better Off Pissing In Your Tank).

Pretty much agree with your sentiments!! - but the figures I got quoted
were pre-'half lead'.

>Your Premium U.L is good though, even if it costs a bunch more.

Yes, about 5c/L more, but the cost of unleaded is also gradually being
jacked up to make it less attractive.  Supposedly leaded is to be phased
out completely - I've heard anything from 2001 to 2010.

Cheers

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089