fuel temperature and regulator

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 03:01:08 GMT 1998

Can the temperature of gasoline affect the fuel pressure on a tbi
system?  I have an in-tank pump (brand new).  I used to run 18 psi and
the fuel pressure was stable in all weather.  Now, with the 7730 ECM i
run 11 psi and it varies from 12 psi down to 10 (which makes a
difference in performance).  I used to have an external electric fuel
pump, and the pressure went from 14 psi down to 9.5 or so.  When its
nice and cool outside (les than 65 degrees), its stable.  All filters
are new and there are no leaks.  Could my pressure regulator (TBI
mounted) be bad?  Should the temp. affect pressure?  Thanks in
advance.  Also, is there anybody actively playing with a 7730 ECM?  I
am about ready to purchase an eprom emulator and start on mine.

Andy Quaas