GM ECM injector driver capacity

Jennifer and Brock Fraser fraser at forbin.com
Tue Aug 25 04:02:39 GMT 1998

> Do you know of any online reference that gives the Injector
>specs? I will look at it to see if I can figure out a
>reasonable load. The one problem that may be difficult to
>model is that releasing the injector can actually create a
>voltage spike from the plunger returning to its seat.

Thanks for the help, Ken and Bruce.

I think the best and most error-proof course of action is to scrounge up 16
injectors and hook'em up to Bruce's bench.  We can just pulse them dry
(without fuel), if just for a short period of time.

I know I've got at least 12 spare stock GM injectors, so let me see if I can
round up a full set of 16.

Bruce-  if you'd be willing to test the rig, I'd cover the cost of a
computer if we smoked the drivers in yours.  Do you have a 730 or 165
computer for the experiment that can be used on your bench?  I don't have
one-  I'm still in the feasibility stage of this project, which is why I'm
asking the question...  A batch of 16 injectors clattering are really going
to be "whistlin' dixie" on your bench...  You might feel like tap dancing.

Is the consensus to gang the two drivers together (as is stock), and then
run the 16 injectors in parallel from that point to ground?  I'd need to rig
up some wiring for this experiment.

-Brock

PS-  Still no replies on my Caddy 4.1L v8 DIS for 165/730 ECM soundbite...
I can't believe it!