uh-oh.. it's a new person with a question

Eric Cox coxe at erols.com
Tue Aug 25 16:38:02 GMT 1998

I am very much new to the list as well as new to the world of ecm's,vcm's,
and pcm's amongst other aspects of vehicle control systems.  I am the owner
of a 95 S10 with the "W" code 4.3L CPI engine that has the system that looks
like an ODB2 system but it turns out only to be ODB1 compliant.  It has the
new style ADL connector and all of the other ODB2 equipment.  The part
number on the PCM is 16193495 (code BABB) and it seems that no aftermarket
company wants to write a custom program for this system.  It does not use a
chip, rather, it is a flash style system.  Now that I've told you all my
life story, here comes my question(s).  How can person learn more about the
ins-and-outs of this system and possibly alter the programming contained
within?  My education lies within chemical engineering and the IT field so
my background doesn't really aid in my quest.  Can anyone give me a little
direction?  Forgive me if this is not the list I should post this to.

E. Cox
Bel Air, Maryland  USA
http://www.erols.com/coxe
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/7414