Bosch LEAD PROOF O2 sensor

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Aug 26 01:54:27 GMT 1998

>>Yes, about 5c/L more, but the cost of unleaded is also gradually being
>>jacked up to make it less attractive.  Supposedly leaded is to be phased
>>out completely - I've heard anything from 2001 to 2010.
>

>Do you know if running PULP is better emissions wise than Std U.L?.

I would think there would be little if any difference.

>Elsewhere somebody said to mix Leaded and PULP, yes this work quite well,
>but again the darn sensor starts to get lazy!!!.

The 'dilution' of the leaded content should extend the life of the EGO
sensor somewhat, but, in the end, function will be affected.  Of course, if
your using a cat this will be poisoned as well, so in that way emissions
will also increase.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089