Injector Sizing

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 26 04:50:21 GMT 1998

I have a question about injector sizing differences between TBI and
TPI,  In TBI theoretically you have 1 injector fueling 4 cylinders, in a
TPI there is one injector per cylinder, now here is the question,
generally do TBI injectors have 4 times the flow capability or is the
pulse width just increased by 4.  Say if you were gonna run a TPI system
off a TBI ECM (assuming the ECM could handle the load), I wonder if the
pulse width would be close enough so the thing would run or will I be
dividing everything by on the fuel table by  4? Or somewhere in between,
some more food for thought,  Jason

--
Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 258 Chevy TBI