GM ECM injector driver capacity

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Thu Aug 27 03:40:24 GMT 1998

I Think you are correct. The problem as I see it is the capacity of the
Darlington transistor. Ii have seen them in the TechAmerica catalog from .5 A to
75A (thats 450W). I am sure that the bean counters won't allow that much extra
capacity, but 2-5 times might be normal. Injectors are all peak and hold, so
tripping multiple ones might be a problem, but hold capacity should be plenty.
The flyback problem can easily be eliminated by doubling the diodes in the
circuit if the current one is too small.I can't do the math because my brother
is the EE.