O2 Sensor Bias

Jim Lill jpl at vectorbd.com
Thu Aug 27 22:54:45 GMT 1998

I'm afraid I haven't read all of the stuff that flew by on this thread but
I had considered a similar approach in the past myself.

stoich = 14.72 = 1 lambda = 450mv

max power = 12.6 = .86 lambda = which ironically is about 860 mV

But to get a rich mixture you don't want to make the system "think rich",
you want it to "think lean". If that is correct then you'd want about 1.14
lambda. At a real 1.14 lambda there'd be 75 mv or 350 mv less than stoich.

Could this be as simple as putting a germanium diode in series with the
lambda sensor to lower it's output? Put the diode there and keep it
shorted out with a relay and then open the relay at WOT or something like
that?

-Jim