Flash bulbs, flames, etc.

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Aug 29 19:13:21 GMT 1998

Bruce, et al--

I have a good buddy who is a good enough Tigger (welder) that he has done
things like nuke and refinery pipe welding, and FAA approved air frome
repairs. He did the latter at an outfit called Aero Union in Chico, CA.
What Aero Union does, basically, is keep the old, four engine prop monsters
that are used as fire tankers and to fly in smoke jumpers able to stay in
the air.

Says he learned from his smoke jumper buddies in Chico that when flames are
out of control, even after the tankers are done dousing them, the next move
is to set a back fire. Next resort is dynamite. After that, a tactical
nuke, if you can get one!

No offense to non-incendiary participants, but I would much prefer spending
valuable time learning, sharing knowlege and on productive pursuits than
hitting those who don't think they need to listen cuz they know it all
already over the head with facts! Too much skill, knowlege, and ability
hanging around here in the shadows to let the glare of flames keep me from
seeing it!

Apologies for taking up space with this, but it felt necessary.

Regards, Greg