Wide range lambda sensor

David Chambers DChambers at uq.net.au
Sun Aug 30 09:06:51 GMT 1998

Chad Clendening, wrote:

> I compiled about 7 good pages from previous posts about EGOR with pinouts
> and the current levels I can post these if you havn't found the info yet.
>
> I also spent a while on the web and found ONE website which shows an UEGO
> sensor and is specific to the NTK 5 wire version.  This has a very general
> schematic - using one op amp to set the current level in the oxygen pump.
> This referances SAE paper # 920234, from 1992.  This number has been
> mentioned on the EFI list previously, has anyone seen it?
>
> Chad
I would like a copy of this as well.
I beleive the way the sensor is meant to work. Is that you use the
voltage output of the sensor as an error voltage to a current sink/
source. You need to aim to get .45V out of the cell and maintain that.
The current then going into or out of the ion pump is directly
proportional to air fuel ratio. Does this sound close to what is needed.
David