ox sensor on sequential efi,high overlap cam....

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Tue Dec 1 08:11:58 GMT 1998

In a message dated 11/25/98 12:16:04 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< From:	mwichstr at online.no (Espen Hilde)
 Sender:	owner-diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 Reply-to:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
 To:	diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

 I have a question that I have been thinking about lately.
 In a engine with high overlap cam and sequential efi,how to measure air
 fuel ratio?
 At certain points in the rpm scale the engine is scavenging air right
 trough the engine.(I presume)
 At overlap.The sequential efi will not inject fuel to this amount of
 air.(not supposed to....)
 The result as I see it,is that air is pulled trough to the exhaust
 system.The ox sensor (if it sensors 02)
 will say this is a lean condition.
 Am I worthy of a coned shaped hat?
 Espen Hilde

 Hi Espen
     In my expereince,  I have noticed Oxygen will transport to the exhaust
during a missfire or through heavy overlap cycles.............but with a wide
range O2 sensor which is supposed to concentrate on HC, it does not always
translate,,,at this point it is good to monitor EGT as well as long as it is
close enough so that you can get a reasonable transport delay
reaction.....hth's
-Carl Summers