ox sensor on sequential efi,high overlap cam....

Jemison Richard JemisonR at tce.com
Tue Dec 1 12:06:55 GMT 1998

Carl,

Very interesting stuff.  Actually I was answering someone elses question
regarding efi and wild camshafts.  It's been a while but I think they were
trying to understand the dynamics of idle with these camshafts.   I'd love
to know more about the ULVE though.  To be honest, this is the first I'd
heard of it by an actual name.  But I can't imagine a ULEV on a small block
Chevy motor with a 300+ degree cam with less than 100 degrees lobe centers!
Even the best algorithm and efi setup in the world wouldn't work correctly
if the headers and intake runner lengths, dias, etc weren't right - and even
then it would only be right at a small rpm range.

My quess (and it's only a guess) is that the world will never see wild
cammed emissions vehicles, ha!  Now a turbocharged SBC which typically uses
wider lobe centers and a lot less duration - hmmmmmm.  I've waited almost 30
years to see fi come into its own!  Seems to me efi and turbocharging are a
match made in heaven!

Rick