Diesel EFI Info Wanted

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Tue Dec 1 15:14:14 GMT 1998

>Hi Folks-
>
>Newbie here.
>
>Subscribed to see if anyone has info for Diesel computers.
>
>Specifically, Chrysler computers for Cummins diesels in pickup trucks.
>
>-Tony
>
>fisher at an.hp.com

No hard info, but I think you mean Cummins computers for Cummins diesels as
installed in Chrysler pick-ups---

I think that Cummins and Navistar both sell the ecu's as part of the oem
package along with their engines. After all, Ford even uses the 6BT Cummins
in a lot of medium trucks---(often mated with a pretty neat Spicer 7 speed
manual tranny---) Plus a lot of heavy equipment apps. And, of course,
Navistar uses the 7.3 in a lot of its own trucks. Don't think anybody would
see the sense in developing several different ecu's for the same two
engines---

Also suspect (but do not know for sure) that looking for chips for your
engine's ecu which were meant for heavy equipment or heavier truck apps.
(such as a Ford F-700) might be an excellent place to start if looking for
more performance.

Regards, Greg