VSS problems

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Dec 2 03:31:42 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Tedscj at aol.com <Tedscj at aol.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, December 01, 1998 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: VSS problems

>In a message dated 12/1/98 9:13:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nacelp at bright.net
>writes:
>
><< My best quess right now is putting a .01, or .1 mfd disc into the feed
line
> to the ecm.  /6 ain't seen before.
> Bruce
>  >>

>OK, here's the stupid question:  What is a mfd disc (microferrad?) and what
>will this do?
>I'm willing to try anything to get the VSS controlled functions working
>(doesn't have to be particularly accurate) but my specific knowledge of
>electronics is limited to Ohms law I'm afraid! :)
>Could you give the dummy explanation please?

I've got a test bench for ecms that I have been working on.  On one 730
setup I couldn't get it to read right of the same signal that another
computer was using just fine,  so to make the DC signal
look a little like a A/c signal I installed that capacitor.  I don't
remember how "fast" I ran it but it didn't seem to work, then with
the cap, bingo.  Sorry, I'm not an EE, so that's the best I can say
about it.  For a $1 at Radio Shack seems like a cheap "what the hell".
Bruce