Alcohol - EFI

Jemison Richard JemisonR at tce.com
Wed Dec 2 13:01:44 GMT 1998

Hey Bud,

I remember when Stromberg's were king.  However, I never personally ran any
of them.  Does sound like we're pretty close to being contemporaries, ha!

Thanks for quantifying this stuff.  You keep good notes!  The mechanical
fuel injection I have worked with, Hilborn and Pete Jackson.  Ah, they were
simple.  A pocket full of pills and you were on your way, ha!  Then Isky
(Ed) came up with the micrometer pill (really precise but some were prone to
vibration problems).  Mechanical injection and chrome rings were the way to
go at one time.......long, long ago......

One small point (and I think someone quantified this on this list recently),
some may wonder why to mess with alky if it takes a lot more to get the job
done!  Higher octane hence higher compression is possible.

Rick