EEPROM Q

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Wed Dec 2 17:32:35 GMT 1998

Hi all!

I'm wondering about a eeprom chip referenced to as a 2817A. Where can I
get such a chip and what manufacturers make them. I have searched the web
and found nothing useable. My ordinary electronics supplier here in Sweden
don't seem to have it in stock.
As I understand it's a 2K*8 unit, but that's all I could find about it.
If it's not available, could it be easily replaced with a near equal unit?
My electronics supplier have a chip called 2816. Looks like it has 24 pins
instead of 28 as the 2817 seems to have.

Appreciate some help, as I don't have any experience with memory chips.

Thanx!

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			       E-mail: c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51		       WWW: http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog/
903 53 Umeå                            Phone: +46-(0)90-136365

		Living and dying laughing and crying
		Once you have seen it you will never be the same
		Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
		Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean
							/MetallicA