ox sensor on sequential efi,high overlap cam....

Jemison Richard JemisonR at tce.com
Wed Dec 2 21:25:37 GMT 1998

Tom,

Sorry for the confusion.  We're on the same page.

	[Jemison Richard]  Got a megacycle cams sheet in front of me for 750
Honda (sorry this is the only one I have right now but for reference they
list a high perf street cam with I/E order  Lift  .400 / .375   dur at .04
262/257  Centerline  105.104.5
	their turbo cam for same bike
Lift  .342 / .312   dur at .04  215/222  Centerline   106/106

	This is fairly typical.  That was my point.  Less lift - I agree
earlier exhaust opening but not a whole lot -  very conservative durations
and wider centerline (less overlap).

> You're right though, boost is better than lotts of cam and RPM, but a
> turbo at
> high rpm will still need a big cam thou not as big as a na motor.
>
> My point was (originally), that we should tune the idle by driveability
> and
> 'dead recon' the idle mixture from there and forget all that learning
> stuff (at
> idle). Just use the O2 for a reference. That assumes that we can easily
> change
> the map and have a good trimmer for the map sensor.
>
> My 482 idled like a kitten with a Predator carb, alcohol, and roller
> cam..... it
> just dribbled raw fuel out of the headers at idle, not enough to clean the
> floor, but almost. (another sick try at humor).
	[Jemison Richard]  Yea, the roller cam does wonders for idle
quality.  I never had problems with the fuel literally running down the
pipes but the low end mixture was major goofy.