PCM numbers. help needed

DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com DAVE_HEMPSTEAD at HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Thu Dec 3 13:53:16 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,
   I've been asked by a number of you about what PCM I'm using.  Well, I don't
know, and I seem to be unable to identify it (simply due to my lack of
knowledge).

  My PCM is from a 95 Camaro.

  The numbers on my PCM are:
         16188051    BKNC
         86BKNCK141015QNC

  The numbers inside my PCM (sent out the ALDL) are:
     VIN: 2G1FP32P6S2212347 (I believe that translates into a Canada-built car)
     SideRail:  86201K15QNC4101L

  The knock sensor module is: 16177700

   I'm also looking at Roger Heflin's 93 Z28 PCM numbers, and it's called a
16159278 with a 86BDZL promid.

   I have the data stream spec for a 94 and 95 Camaro, and it is called an A274.

   Could someone straighten me out as to what number means what?

Thanks,
Dave Hempstead