readings eps files

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Dec 4 19:38:48 GMT 1998

There are ps to ascii programs, all they do is rip out the text
placement information and leave the text.  Not very useful if you have
graphics that you want to see, or eps postscript files that are all
graphics.

Ghostscript and ghostview are not shareware, they are freeware, and
can be used to convert to most image formats (jpg,gif), but you will
have to give it info on what dpi to use.  I have used it on unix to
make a non ps printer print postscript, and it works about as often as
our real postscript printers.

Also I have seen printer drivers (with Zenographics printer driver)
that would allow you to print to a WMF/EMF/jpg/gif/... type file
directly.  I don't think I ever really tried them, but I cannot see
why such an idea would not work correctly.  I just wish I could find a
free printer dirve that would do that job since this would allow
almost any program to output to gif or jpg.

			Roger