IC Identify from DENSO EFI controller.. help?

Jerry Wills jwills at ISI.EDU
Sat Dec 5 00:45:25 GMT 1998

Jerry Wills <jwills at ISI.EDU> writes:

> Hi Folks,
> 	 I opened up my SD EFI box from a GTS1000 YAMAHA (detuned 1000cc
> motorcycle engine) with 10,500 rpm redline. I've Identify a few of the
> big chips, the small ones are standard HC logic. Here is what I have so
> far.
>
> Hitachi HD63B40P  28DIP  6800 programmable timer
>          but no second source or data sheet available from IC master or Hitachi
>
> Hitachi	HD63B21P  40DIP  6800 PIA
>          but no second source or data sheet available from IC master or Hitachi
>
> ND      MG2530    40DIP   ?
>
> ND      MG614     16-20 DIP   I didn't write it down, thought I had the
> 				memory chip covered with the 28 pin part.

 The MH614 (not MG) is a 24 pin skinny dip now that I've taken a second
look and I believe that its the memory. The two Hitachi chips look to
be variants of the Motorola 68xx series and I have data sheets for
them. My first quick glance at the MH614 I thought had fewer pins
because all the other ICs were of standard width.

Jerry